Tuesday, April 19, 2022

January 1, 2020: Republicans Are Now "The Character Doesn't Count Party."

 

January 1, 2020: GOP consultant Stuart Stevens gets 2020 off to a rousing start when he describes the current state of his party:  

Republicans are now officially the character doesn’t count party, the personal responsibility just proves you have failed to blame the other guy party, the deficit doesn’t matter party, the Russia is our ally party, and the I’m-right-and-you-are-human-scum party [emphasis added]. Yes, it’s President Trump’s party now, but it stands only for what he has just tweeted.

 

Again, we  (the royal “we”) at this blog rarely quote Democrats to make our case. It is our official position that Trump is a horrible human being.



James Russell Lowell.


 

BLOGGER’S NOTE (4/19/22): In lightly editing my work, two years later, I noticed that I originally called Trump a “despicable human being” in the last sentence, above. I only recently discovered that “despicable” means “deserving hatred and contempt.” I do have contempt for President Trump; but I consider hatred to be a blinding emotion – and the root cause of most of humanity’s greatest crimes. 

I don’t hate Trump. I do find him a horrible human being – and he shouldn’t be allowed within a hundred light years of the White House again.


“FOLKS NEVER UNDERSTAND

THE PEOPLE THEY HATE.” 

James Russell Lowell

No comments:

Post a Comment