Thursday, April 21, 2022

December 15, 2019: Trump and His "Impartial Juror" Friends

 

12/15/19: You might imagine that our president would be focused on the threat posed by North Korea today. 

____________________ 

“I have made up my mind. I’m not trying to pretend to be a fair juror here.” 

Sen. Lindsey Graham

____________________

 


Sen. Graham.

 

Instead, he spends Sunday tweeting about the sins of President Obama, former F.B.I. Director James Comey, and Department of Justice Inspector General Michael Horowitz. According to the president, Comey was guilty of “unlawful conduct” and might be staring at “years in jail.” The report Horowitz released wasn’t good enough. “As bad as the I.G. Report is for the FBI and others, and it is really bad,” Trump howls in a tweet, “remember that I.G. Horowitz was appointed by Obama. There was tremendous bias and guilt exposed, so obvious, but Horowitz couldn’t get himself to say it [emphasis added]. Big credibility loss. Obama knew everything!” 

Actually, the I.G. found that bias did not affect the F.B.I. investigation into the Trump 2016 campaign. Horowitz couldn’t “get himself to say it,” because he wasn’t a liar. (See: 12/16/19.) 

Trump also screamed about a Fox News poll that showed 50% of Americans wanted him impeached and removed from office. Another 4% wanted him impeached but spared the ultimate humiliation. 

Only 41% said they didn’t think he should be impeached. Trump insisted that Fox needed new pollsters. 

He didn’t need to quit breaking the law.

 

* 

WE ALSO LEARN (or at least this blogger did) that members of the United States Senate will be required to take an oath in case any impeachment trial is held. 

That oath will read: “I solemnly swear (or affirm) that in all things appertaining to the trial of ____, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws, so help me God.”

 

This may come as a total shock to Milksop Mitch McConnell who has already said that he will be taking cues during any trial, from the president and his defense team. Also in for a rude awakening: Sen. Lindsey Graham. This same lawmaker, who once called Trump a “race-baiting, xenophobic bigot,” has already announced that his vote has been decided, and evidence be damned. “I have made up my mind. I’m not trying to pretend to be a fair juror here.” 

So? Does that mean he’s going to violate the oath?

No comments:

Post a Comment