Thursday, March 31, 2022

September 28, 2020: Trump Pays Zero Taxes

 

9/28/20: Back in 2012, when Citizen Trump hated everything that President Obama ever did or said, it angered Trump to learn that in a year when the president earned “$790k salary,” he paid only “20.5%” in taxes. 

“Do as I say not as I do,” Donald tweeted, on April 13, just two days before the filing deadline that year. 

By that standard, the humble blogger will claim $70k, like our current president, for hair care in one year. The blogger will call it a business expense because a blogger has got to look good for the readers! I will pay no more than $750 in federal income taxes this year, and the next. Then I will pay ZERO for ten of the next fifteen years, should I live so long. I will do as Trump do. 

And I promise my hair will look better.



 

Any other news? The head of the Centers for Disease Control, Dr. Robert Redfield, was overheard on an airplane saying, “Everything he says is false,” in reference to COVID-19. Dr. Redfield has admitted he made the comment. Fortunately, Trump fans, he was not talking about your president! 

He was talking about Dr. Scott Atlas, now your president’s favorite person to get terrible advice from on defeating the coronavirus. 

First, Trump listened to Rush Limbaugh, who said the virus was no worse than the flu and we should all get out there and build some herd immunity. 

Then Trump had the MyPillow guy give advice. 

Then came the Demon Sperm Lady. (See: 7/28/20.) 

Now he’s listening to Dr. Atlas, who, as a radiologist, knows about as much about infectious diseases as a radiologist would about installing a sewer line to your home. Different field of expertise. But Trump saw Atlas on Fox News, where he kept showing up to say we had nothing to fear from this disease and Trump was doing A++ work handling the crisis.

 

Meanwhile, the blogger is on his way to Portland, Oregon to visit his daughter Sarah and husband Logan. Both work in healthcare. Both believe this virus is serious. At age 71, for example, the blogger could find himself in a world of hurt if he were infected. And I am happy to say, my test...taken in North Dakota a few days ago…came back negative. (I was exposed, I feared, by way of my granddaughter, by way of her mother, who did have an infection.)

 

So: On to Portland, where I will either be killed by Antifa (according to Trump) or massacred by white supremacists who hanker after a race war. I love my friends and relatives who support Trump, but I wish they would consider why it is that our current president has almost 100% support from the white supremacist clan/Klan. Also big in his base: believe-anything QAnon fools, people bad at math, and billionaire advocates of pussy-grabbing and paying no federal income taxes.

 

Paying taxes is for suckers, kind of like when Trump said only “suckers” went to fight in Vietnam.

 

 

POSTSCRIPT: Out here, where the buffalo roam, and masks are for sissies and bandits, the coronavirus is spreading. Last week, North Dakota had 30% of its tests come back positive. South Dakota had 26%. This past Sunday, Montana had a 20% positivity rate.

 

As has been true all along, COVID-19 doesn’t care who you vote for or if you never vote at all. It just wants to infect you, and anyone else you may know or love.

No comments:

Post a Comment