Monday, May 30, 2022

September 19, 2018: News Flash - Trump Says Hurricane Was Wet!

 

9/19/18: The president spends much of the day inspecting hurricane and flood damage in North Carolina. “This is a tough hurricane, one of the wettest we’ve ever seen from the standpoint of water,” he says at one point. 

____________________ 

“One of the wettest we’ve ever seen from the standpoint of water” 

President Trump, inarticulate, as ever

____________________ 

 

“Rarely have we had an experience like it, and it certainly is not good.” He mentions the “incredible” people of affected states. “There’s been a loss of life. May God be with them and their families. That’s a tough one, it’s tough to understand, but this has been a really difficult period of time for a lot of people.” 

“Florence has been a nasty one, a big one, like that area has never seen before, so the waters are still rising…” he adds, before closing with a blessing to those affected. 

That’s true, Mr. President. A storm like Florence, that far north, has never been seen before. 

Any idea why? (See: 9/17//18 and 9/18/18.)


Another astute observation from this president.

Water is wet.


 

* 

“It was very unfair what he did.” 

IN AN INTERVIEW with The Hill.TV, the president lashes out at Jeff Sessions, saying, “I don’t have an Attorney General.” 

I’m so sad over Jeff Sessions because he came to me. He was the first senator that endorsed me. And he wanted to be Attorney General, and I didn’t see it. But he came very strongly he really wanted to be. And, I let him be. And then he went through the nominating process and he did very poorly. I mean, he was mixed up and confused, and people that worked with him for, you know, a long time in the Senate were not nice to him, but he was giving very confusing answers. Answers that should have been easily answered. And that was a rough time for him.

 

Trump demurs on whether he might one day fire the attorney general. “We’ll see what happens. A lot of people have asked me to do that. And I guess I study history, and I say I just want to leave things alone, but it was very unfair what he did,” he said, referring to the recusal decision.

He concluded: “We’ll see how it goes with Jeff. I’m very disappointed in Jeff. Very disappointed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment