Wednesday, May 25, 2022

October 31, 2018: Donald Trump Jr. Not Worried - Gen. Colin Powell Warns: "Deranged People Feel Empowered."

 

10/31/18: Once the midterms pass, Special Counsel Mueller and his team may kick the investigation into overdrive. 

____________________ 

Don Jr. didn’t do anything any politician wouldn’t do.

____________________

  

For some odd reason, this makes Donald Trump Jr. nervous. Newsweek notes that the president’s eldest son is telling reporters he’s not worried. 

Then again, he is. “I know that I’m not worried about anything I actually did,” he insists to all who care to listen. “That doesn’t mean they don’t totally fabricate all of this stuff at this point.” 

This is similar to what Jr. said a month ago in an interview with Good Morning America. Newsweek sums up: 

“I’m not [worried about the investigation], because I know what I did, and I’m not worried about any of that,” the president’s eldest son said. “That doesn’t mean they won’t try to create something. I mean, we’ve seen that happen with everything. But, again, I’m not.”

 

Trump Jr. in that same interview admitted that Mueller’s probe “has been very difficult” for him but that he has been able to separate it from the rest of his life.

“In the end, I know what I’ve done and I’m not worried about that at all, because you know, I’ve done nothing that anyone else wouldn’t do in that position [emphasis added, here and throughout], in my opinion,” he said.

 

He also downplayed the indictments and plea deals that Trump campaign associates have been hit with in the investigation.

 

“I understand that they are trying to get my father, and they’ll do anything they can to get that,” Trump Jr. said.

 

Yes, investigators will do anything – to stop Russians from interfering in U.S. elections – by indicting 25 Russians. They will do anything to secure 34 felony convictions (so far) on members of the Trump campaign. 

Good old Dad weighed in on Jr.’s concerns this past August – naturally – in a tweet: 

Fake News reporting, a complete fabrication, that I am concerned about the meeting my wonderful son, Donald, had in Trump Tower. This was a meeting to get information on an opponent, totally legal and done all the time in politics - and it went nowhere. I did not know about it!

 

Yes, totally legal and everyone would do it; and that’s why all the participants from the campaign “forgot” about it for more than a year, until The New York Times started digging up unpleasant facts.


 
There were a lot of meetings with Russians, and Russians meddling in the election.
 

* 

“An environment where deranged people feel empowered.” 

SPEAKING OF LIES, a daily topic in Trumpistan, former Secretaries of State Colin Powell and Madeline Albright lambast the immigration policies of Team Trump. Powell, a decorated war hero and Republican, says, “We have come to live in a society based on insults, on lies and on things that just aren’t true. It creates an environment where deranged people feel empowered.” 

“My parents came from Jamaica on banana boats and raised two children here,” he adds, “that one became a teacher and the other had success as a soldier. We are giving that image up, and we shouldn’t. It’s the strongest message we give the rest of the world.” 

Albright, who served in the Clinton administration, adds, “I’m deeply troubled by the direction we’re going. I’m a naturalized American citizen. I came when I was 11 years old. I’m very upset about the image we’re projecting abroad.” 

She talks about escaping the Nazis and learning that 26 Jewish relatives died during the Holocaust.  

“I’ll never forget what it was like to come to America, on the SSAmerica, past the Statue of Liberty. I remember [years later] giving a certificate to a man, a refugee, who said, ‘Can you believe I’m a refugee and the secretary of state is handing me my naturalization certificate?’ I said, ‘Can you believe the secretary of state is a refugee?’”

 

“You see things that should not be happening,” Powell warns in another interview. 

How can a president of the United States get up and say that the media is the enemy of Americans? Hasn’t he read the First Amendment? You are not supposed to like everything the press says, or what anyone says…that’s why we have a First Amendment, to protect that kind of speech.

 

Simple explanation: No. Trump does not understand the import of the First Amendment.

 

* 

IN A SIGN of craziness to come Republican candidate for Congress from Nevada, Joyce Bentley, posts a nine-minute film clip outlining some of the main ideas of a conspiracy theory called QAnon. 

According to Bentley’s clip, a  “deep state” operates at  “the highest levels of power” and includes people who participate in “a dark and deeply sinister death cult with a strong reliance on symbolism and numerology with levels of cruelty unimaginable to all right-thinking people.” 

The video goes on to warn that the “deep state” has achieved “almost total influence over the media.” And for some reason Saudi Prince Al-Waleed Bin Talal supposedly funded former President Barack Obama’s education.

No comments:

Post a Comment