Sunday, April 24, 2022

November 30, 2019: GOP Lawmakers Fear the Frankenstein Base

 

11/30/19: Former Republican congressman Charlie Dent tells CNN that colleagues in the House of Representatives are “absolutely disgusted and exhausted by the President’s behavior.” 

“Moving from one corrupt act to another,” Dent said. “I mean those types of head-exploding moments are just I think infuriating these members and I think they’d like to step out but they just can’t because of their base at the moment [emphasis added]. I think a lot of members have to take a hard look at this,” Dent continued. “They can be more concerned about their election, or their legacies. And I would argue to many of them: your legacy is more important than the next election.” 

Dent said he would probably vote to impeach if he was in the House. “I do think this rises to the level of impeachment.”

 


When you create a monster by lying to your base,

they'll kill you when you tell the truth.



No comments:

Post a Comment