Monday, March 28, 2022

November 15, 2020: The Blogger Gets COVID-19

 

11/15/20: President Trump spent another busy day denying that anyone in America really voted for Joe Biden. Or, if they did, they were “Antifa scum.” If Joe Biden voted for Joe Biden, Joe Biden’s vote was rigged.



The blogger - reading Chaucer - pre-COVID days.


 

*

 

WELL, WHAT TO DO with time hanging heavy on presidential hands? Trump could address the skyrocketing COVID-19 numbers. He could call on us all to make sacrifices. He could call on Trump fans, and those of us who are not Trump fans, to do anything we can to help cut the spread.

 

He could lead.

 

We all benefit, as Americans, if we get a grip on this disease. My favorite restaurant guy here in Cincinnati, and a Trump supporter, would love to see people come back to his establishment. Last time my wife and I were in, only three tables were occupied. My son wants the Deer Park, Ohio schools to remain open so his daughter Ellora can attend classes in the flesh. But if the coronavirus hits her school, his system of childcare fizzles, since three grandparents cover parts of every school day. My son-in-law in Georgia voted for Trump; but at the car dealership where he works two associates have developed the virus. One almost died.

 

My wife and I are both infected. She has a mild case, which is good. Me? Seventeen days (so far) of what could pass for the worst case of flu ever.

 

Then again, I keep sweating so much, I’m losing weight.


 

*

 

IN ANY CASE, the President of the United States decided that the best way to spend Sunday would be to…go play golf!

 

While Trump worked on his short game Sunday, another 138,025 citizens he was elected to serve and protect fell ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment